Tecnatom will contribute to the training of future Argentine specialists in: PWR nuclear technology Nuclear accidents and its radiological consequences Hydrogen value chain With the
Present in the design, installation and maintenance with safe and efficient processes
What is nuclear component engineering?
Component engineering aims to provide highly technological services and products to verify and guarantee the structural integrity and operational capacity of nuclear plants. It contributes to a high-performance operation with prime safety conditions and economic efficiency.
The nuclear component engineering performed by Tecnatom has the following objectives:
- The monitoring and optimizing of the overall health of nuclear plants’ systems and components, minimising the effects of ageing, wear and tear etc.
- Guaranteeing the reliability of equipment, complying with safety functions even in the most difficult of scenarios.
- Developing and facilitating component maintenance strategies.
- Applying the know-how and experience of our experts to resolve any problems that may arise in the facilities, root cause analysis and proposing the best possible corrective actions to be taken.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining programmes orientated at improving the reliability, performance and efficiency of components.
- Undertaking the classification and application of equipment.
- Supplying equipment and replacements such as valves, actuators, engines, shock absorbers and other equipment.
- Optimising replacement management in nuclear plants, guaranteeing replacements, resolving any problems related to obsolescence and absent suppliers.
- Technical support for the repair or replacement of components.
How do we Perform Nuclear Component Engineering?
Tecnatom’s vast experience in the field of nuclear component engineering has led us to divide our activities into three different sections.
ISI Engineering and Lifecycle Management
This aims to provide a comprehensive vision of service inspections to guarantee the secure and efficient operation of nuclear plants. This improves the reliability of equipment and optimises the management of industrial assets thanks to a better understanding of their status, while also backing up the long-term operation (LTO) thereof.
Equipment Qualification & CGI Commitment?
Aimed at ensuring that a piece of equipment and each of its components fulfils its safety functions even in the most unfavourable scenarios.
Tecnatom provides the necessary technology to do this, including a specific simulation and equipment testing facility which simulates designed accident conditions requested by the plant.
This enables us to perform accelerated ageing tests (thermal, mechanic, exposure and vibration), designed-based accident simulation (LOCA, MSLB and HELB), electromagnetic compatibility tests (EMC), dynamic and seismic tests and finite element seismic analysis.
Spare Parts Supply
With the objective of offering our clients a range of solutions adapted to their needs for the supply of original replacement equipment. Whether that be the development of alternative compatible equipment and replacements or the repair or updating of the original equipment.
This allows us to maintain or improve the characteristics and specifications desired by the client, according to their preference.
Tecnatom offers the supply of valves (of any type), engines, shock absorbers, the redesign of equipment and alternate replacements for obsolescence management.
What is our added value?
Thanks to our extensive experience of over 60 years in the nuclear sector, we understand the operation processes of nuclear plants, applying detailed knowledge to the needs of our clients to guarantee a technological independence from suppliers.
By applying the latest technology, we introduce comprehensive support services for inspection and maintenance that drastically reduce downtimes on the equipment and consequently reduce costs.
We develop technology lines aimed at optimising maintenance, preserving the structural integrity of components, managing ageing and permitting the long-term operation of industrial plants. We provide solutions best suited to the needs of the equipment and spare parts of our clients, being able to develop alternatives in the case of any obsolescence problems arising.
We have all the tools necessary for the classification of equipment, so it can be used in the demanding work conditions required by nuclear plants. Our facilities allow us to simulate the most adverse work conditions to certify that the components in nuclear plants are operating safely at all times.
Connect with Tecnatom
Connect with Tecnatom
Tel. 916 598 600
Avda. de Montes de Oca, 1. 28703
San Sebastián de los Reyes (MADRID)