Tecnatom will contribute to the training of future Argentine specialists in: PWR nuclear technology Nuclear accidents and its radiological consequences Hydrogen value chain With the
Present in the design, installation and maintenance with safe and efficient processes
What are nuclear simulation services?
Tecnatom has a strong presence in the nuclear sector due to its cutting-edge simulation technology, offering a wide range of products aimed at improving the safety and efficiency of nuclear facilities:
- The development of replica facility simulators, also known as full scope simulators, which simulate plant processes and recreate the main control room and the emergency control room to scale. Replica or full scope simulators are used for operator training, in licensing processes and as a tool to provide support through plant engineering simulation.
- The development of full or partial scope graphic or classroom simulators for all needs (training, operation, engineering, emergency support) where the operator interface is a graphic environment and the real environment does not need to be replicated.
- The development of generic simulators for engineering research and support.
- The development of 3D virtual reality simulators, for local operations, where the work must be carefully planned with to reduce the dose rate of plant personnel.
- The update, upgrade and maintenance of Tecnatom and third-party simulators.
How do we develop our simulators and simulation services?
Tecnatom has over 60 years of extensive experience in the training of nuclear plant operation personnel. This has allowed us to gain vast knowledge in nuclear plant processes and operations.
Our understanding of these processes allows us to perform highly realistic simulations. We are also vastly experienced in simulation technology with best-estimate or conventional third-party codes such as RELAP5, TRAC_RT, MAAP, NEMO, TRACE, etc. this enables us to more easily update and upgrade simulators developed by or with the tools of third parties.
At Tecnatom we have also developed our own simulation tools, (TEAM_SUITE), as well as our own communications system, Software/Hardware (TESIS+), and our own strict configuration control tool (CMS/SICOSIS).
Our simulators strictly comply with the ANSI 3.5 standard requirements, as well as with the NRC 1.149 regulatory guidelines, permitting us to develop simulators on a global scale with multiple nuclear reactor technologies. We have also supplied simulators to PWR (Pressurised Water Reactor), BWR (Boiling Water Reactor) and PHWR (Pressurised Heavy Water Reactor) plants etc.
Our added value
Our extensive experience in nuclear operation and regulation, process simulation, operator and assistant training and retraining, Human Factors Engineering and I&C Engineering means Tecnatom is the best solution for the comprehensive development of nuclear simulators and their maintenance, including control rooms.
We offer a wide, autonomous and global process knowledge. We contribute custom-designed simulation solutions and technologies which are adapted to your needs and which meet all the strict nuclear industry standards while addressing the needs of our clients and the experience of the product users.
Through the update, upgrade and maintenance of our simulators we are able to adapt to any known simulation technology in any nuclear reactor in the world.
Connect with Tecnatom
Connect with Tecnatom
Tel. 916 598 600
Avda. de Montes de Oca, 1. 28703
San Sebastián de los Reyes (MADRID)