What is component engineering?
Component engineering aims to provide services and highly technological products to verify and guarantee the structural and operational integrity of industrial installations, contributing to their optimum functionality in terms of safety, performance and economic efficiency.
Effectively, the component engineering carried out by Tecnatom has the following objectives:
- To monitor and optimize the system and component status of the installations, minimising the effects of ageing and wear and tear etc.
- To guarantee the reliability of the equipment ensuring that they comply with their security functions even in the most difficult of situations.
- To implement and facilitate component maintenance strategies.
- To apply the know-how and experience of our experts to resolve any problems that may arise in the facilities, root cause analysis and proposing the best possible corrective actions to be taken.
- To develop, implement and maintain programs aimed at improving the reliability, performance and efficiency of components.
- To supply equipment and spare parts such as valves, actuators, engines, shock absorbers and other equipment.
- To optimize spare parts management in nuclear facilities to guarantee their replacement and to provide solutions for any obsolescence issues or absent suppliers.
- Technical support for the repair or replacement of components.
How do we carry out nuclear component engineering?
Tecnatom’s vast experience in the field of nuclear component engineering has led us to divide our activities into three different sections:
- ISI Engineering and Lifecycle Management: Aimed at providing a comprehensive vision of service inspections to guarantee the secure and efficient operation of nuclear plants. This improves the reliability of equipment and optimises the management of industrial assets thanks to a better understanding of their status.
- Spare parts supply: With the objective of offering our clients different solutions which are adapted to their needs for the supply of original spare equipment, whether that be the development of alternative compatible equipment and replacements through the repair of the original or the updating of the original. This allows us to maintain or improve the characteristics and specifications desired by the client, according to their preference.
What is our added value?
Thanks to our extensive experience of over 60 years in the nuclear sector, we understand the operation processes of nuclear plants, aplying detailed knowledge to the needs of our clients which guarantee a technological independence from suppliers.
By applying the latest technology, we introduce comprehensive support services for inspection and maintenance that drastically reduce downtimes on the equipment and consequently reduce costs.
We develop technology lines aimed at optimising maintenance, preserving the structural integrity of components, managing ageing and permitting the long-term operation of industrial plants. We provide solutions best suited to the needs of the equipment and spare parts of our clients, being able to develop alternatives in the case of any obsolescence problems arising.