The COMPOSITE family consists of different types of component which have been developed for the inspection of aeronautical components, using both water jet and contact transmission and pulse-echo techniques.
Description of product
The COMPOSITE inspection systems include the following subsets:
- A mechanical system which may have different configurations and number of axes (2 to 7) and which, in turn, consists of:
- A support structure anchored to the floor which makes up the X axis, and over which the inspection portico is displaced. There are two basic configurations: a) a structure installed at the level of the floor and b) a structure embedded beneath the level of the floor, which facilitates the lateral loading of parts.o Inspection portico, which, as with the structure, may have different configurations: a) open portico and b) portico closed at the lower end, recommended for machines having an average width as the system is given greater robustness.
- Inspection arms which are displaced over the portico either over the vertical sides (in systems using the transmission techniques) or over the top part (in systems dedicated to pulse-echo contact inspections). These inspection arms generally have two linear movements (Y – horizontal and Z- vertical) and two rotating axes at the ends (A and B).
- Inspection nozzles installed at the ends of the arms for the application of transmission and pulse-echo techniques using a water jet.
- Water supply and regulation system consisting of 2 wells (one main well for the storage of water and the other for the pump), a recirculation pump, by-pass, sand filter and regulation and control panel which, in turn, includes, among other elements, variable area flowmeters and precision keys.
- SIROCO-VME or SIROCO-INSIDE controller to control all the movements of the mechanical equipment (from 2 to 7). The controller also includes a portable console and manages the safety elements included in the system (water level in the well, anti-collision of the nozzles, entrance of operators, etc.)
- MIDAS ultrasonic data acquisition and evaluation system, which has logarithmic electronics for transmission inspection and linear for pulse-echo, and up to 32 channels. Furthermore, it includes numerous features to facilitate the operations of ultrasonic data calibration, acquisition and evaluation.
- GENTRAY program for generating trajectories either by means of learning from the points taken on the piece or by means of CAD files.
- Other auxiliary elements such as the safety lock, with a surrounding fence, photoelectric chambers or cells, utensils for positioning the legs, etc.
- The specific characteristics of the different installations supplied are:
- COMPOSITE 1, 2 and 5. Inspection systems with 2 axes and 1 or 2 electronic channels for water jet transmission inspections.
- COMPOSITE 3, 4 and 9. Inspection systems with 7 axes and 2 channels for water jet transmission and pulse-echo.
- COMPOSITE 6. Inspection systems with 5 axes and 1 channel for water jet transmission or pulse echo or pulse-echo in dry contact, using sheaves.
- COMPOSITE 7 and 8. Inspection system with 5 axes and 32 ultrasonic channels for contact pulse-echo inspections.
- Flexible and modular system adaptable to the runs requested by the client and adaptable to the space available in the installation, and adaptable to the components to be inspected.
- Automatic ultrasonic inspection using the techniques of transmission and pulse-echo either through water jet or contact.
- Detection, characterisation and sizing of unsticking, inclusion of strange objects, laminar and volumetric porosity, delaminating, etc. in sandwich type and laminated aeronautical components, etc.
- CE Certificate
Inspection of aeronautical components using water jet or contact transmission or pulse-echo techniques. More specifically:
- The COMPOSITE 1, 2 and 5 systems are used for the inspection of flat panels or components with an insignificant curvature.
- The COMPOSITE 3, 4 and 9 systems are used for the inspection of flat components or components with a curvature about the X axis (constant profile).
- The COMPOSITE 6 system is used for the inspection of flat panels and parabolas.
- The COMPOSITE 7 and 8 systems, which are equipped with a vertical arm, are used for the inspection of moderately curved components situated in a horizontal position.
SACESA (updating of 2 systems) (Seville)
COASA –GAMESA Group (Orense)
Fibertecnic –GAMESA Group (updating of 1 system) (Vitoria)
ALCATEL ESPACE (France)
AIRBUS-España (2 systems) (Illescas)